In September 2023, CECCS participated at Club’s Days on each campus, engaging with students on sustainability initiatives at U of T and becoming #SustainableChangeAgents! There were also opportunities to win some great prizes! Although our Orientation month promotions have ended, below you will find a list of relevant resources and programs.
Become a Sustainable Change Agent with these resources and programs!
Subscribing to our monthly CECCS newsletter is a great way to learn about important sustainability news and opportunities that arise throughout the year.
In September, CECCS teamed up with the Sustainability Office on a Social Media Prize Giveaway. The prize giveaway has ended, but students can still stay updated by following us on Instagram @UofTCECCS. Be sure to also follow the Sustainability Offices on each campus @SustainableUofT, @SustainableUTSC, and and @SustainableUTM.
- Earn Co-Curricular Record (CCR) credit by participating in sustainability activities on and off campus with the Sustainability Citizen Program
- Get academic certification with the Sustainability Scholar Program
- Login to CNLx and view the calendar for upcoming sustainability events (or view the calendar without logging in here).
- Submit a sustainability event to include in our calendar
- Attend any events listed in the calendar to earn credit towards the Sustainability Citizen Program. Those who complete the Citizen program will have it noted on their Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
5. Get involved in the Tri-Campus Sustainability Offices
- St. George – check out their 2023 Orientation website here.
- Volunteer with the UTM Sustainability Ambassador Program
- Enroll in the UTM Certificate of Completion in Global Sustainability and earn credits towards the Sustainability Citizen Program
- Learn about UTM’s Sustainability Strategic Plan
- Certify your residence or event with the Sustainable Change Programs
- Nominate yourself or someone you know for a Sustainable Action Award
- Browse over 200 sustainability student groups in our Student Group Inventory for more opportunities to get involved in sustainability initiatives on campus.
- Check out the Sustainability Course Inventory, which includes over 2000 sustainability-oriented courses across the three campuses.
- Interested in getting some Experiential Learning (EL) experience? Head over to our Sustainability EL Course Inventory
The University of Toronto St. George campus has pledged to become climate positive by 2050. Learn more about what this means and what we are doing to fulfill this pledge.